Lauren Pass Erickson, MA, LPCC, R-DMT
Who I work with:
I primarily work with women-identified adults who are struggling in the wake of a unhealthy relationship either within their family or their intimate partnerships. Gas lighting, criticism, lying, and scary or unpredictable behavior can make you feel like you're walking on egg shells even long after the relationship has ended.
How I can help:
I have helped many women like you untangle their complex and painful experiences, find meaning within it all, and regain a sense of self-trust, confidence, and purpose.
This is an area where somatic counseling really shines! This isn't the type of thing you can just think your way through.
Our bodies are how we feel and our bodies are how we heal.
By inviting our bodies into this process, we can work directly with our emotions and nervous systems. Body-awareness is essential to self-awareness as our sensations, postures, gestures, and movements are quick to reveal our true feelings, values, and desires.
You're probably feeling:
Together we can:
I'm Now Accepting New Clients!
OK, but who are you really, like, as a person?
I am a California transplant living in Boulder, Colorado on the land of the Arapahoe. I identify as white, cis-gender, female, temporarily able-bodied and Buddhist. I live with my husband, an abundance of house plants, and a feisty cat that gets walked twice a day like a dog.
You can often find me dancing, writing, making playlists of my favorite music, splashing my feet in Boulder creek, and planning for Burning Man. Pre-covid times, I loved to be out with friends at music venues and festivals.
Dance has always been my home base. Over the years, I've grown away from dance as performance and into free-form expressive styles like ecstatic dance and movement meditation. My experience with music and movement have been integral to my own process of healing and self-discovery.
I love sunflowers and a good hammock just as much as I love obscure animated sci-fi movies with heavy metal soundtracks.
- Colorado Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (LPCC) since 2020
- MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling, specialization in Somatic Counseling: Dance/Movement Therapy, Naropa University 2020
- BA Religious Studies with emphasis in Tibet and South Asia, UC Santa Barbara 2010
- Treating Complex Trauma: Certified Trauma Professional, 2020
- Mindfulness Instructor, 2020
- Motivational Interviewing, 2019
- Applied Suicide Interventions and Skills Training (ASIST), 2018
- DANCEmandala Movement Meditation Facilitator, 2017